Saturday, March 23, 2013

Life is Good



Just checking in with a quick update from The Awkward Teacher! I am still saving for a computer and  really contemplating purchasing a Mac Book. I have never had one, so I am a little on the fence about purchasing it because it is very expensive. If you have any suggestions or comments about Macs to help sway my decision, please post them:)

School is going good; I love it when I see my students learning and their little minds working. Behavior is still an issue but I am still trying different things to help with this. I completed my first home visit Friday and it was a really good experience. It was nice to feel appreciated as well. A lot of people don’t understand all the work that teachers do, this is a physical and mental job, and there are no breaks! I'm attached to these kids and I care and love them  like they are my own, so to hear that some parents appreciate what I am doing feels really good!

Funny story, that I just have to share, take a look below:
Me: Why was breaking Baby Bears chair a bad thing for Goldilocks to do?
Boy: Pauses....because.. because she wasn’t going to pay to fix the chair,

Sweet and cute moments like this make me forget any trying moments that we have had since January. I now have a bus monitor, which has helped greatly. My assistant and bus monitor are too awesome for words, just major blessings

Lastly, I have finally started my new health journey and have currently lost 11 pounds. It’s hard but I am determined. I try to wake up and get my workouts over with before work and  it takes a lot of determination, lol. I also treated myself to blonde highlights and a new pair of tennis shoes. Life is good; I’m flowing with the ups and the downs.

3 Positives a Day
1) Spring Break is in 1 week!
2) I started a class newsletter for parents and one of my fellow Pre-K teachers loved it so much, she asked to use the template! Go me!
3) My teaching team  is complete and I think we are going to get these kids in shape. We are the Dream Team and you better believe it:)

Until the next time that life has checked me,
-T

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Kids are so innocent. I'm glad to hear about the great things happening in your life chica.

    ReplyDelete