Friday, August 16, 2013

Classroom Prep: Part Dos

Hello There! I am very excited to be able to post blog post twice in one week! I decided to wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday to purchase my own personal laptop. I also decided not to get a MacBook for the time being but this could all change before November because I am that indecisive about big purchases. Before I share an update about my personal life, I would like to share some pictures of my classroom. I plan to add more things, as my finances increase, don't judge me, lol!!

Welcome to Ms. Smith’s room!



Word Wall and its framed with teal border:)


First Bulletin Board of the year! Whooray for Kindergarten!

Calendar, voice levels, and weather.

My motivation board includes pics of some family and friends!


The view of the room from the door. I love my table numbers, I used thread to hang those!

Those banners were made from scrapbook paper and ribbon.

I painted the sign on my door and I got the Owl picture off of Google.

I am very passionate about reading, so I took extra time to plan my library. I plan to hang a hoola hoop chandelier.

Its okay not to know but its not okay, not to try! That's my 2013 mantra for my kiddies and the "No opt out" policy:)


I love it so far but I'm trying to add more color because let’s face it, bright colors make me happy! I think I am just a little, tincy, wincy bit obsessed with chevron print and the color teal. I need more, I tell ya, more!!

Last night was my first ever parent orientation at school and it was awesome, awesome, awesome! The kids and parents loved the room, so all of that hard work was worth it!#Winning

They also commented on my love of Owls,lol. Great conversation starter!

Before I leave, I just wanted to share that this weekend is dedicated to lesson planning and car shopping! Whoot, whoot!!!! Today was staff orientation---> Love! Monday is Professional Development and Tuesday the kiddies come!!! I am excited and nervous at the same time but mostly excited!!!

Until the next time that life has checked me!
-T

P.S. Special shout out to the staff at Maupin, I feel very welcomed and can tell that this is a school dedicated to their students. Which is the reason that I wanted to be there. I have an AMAZINGLY AWESOME Kindergarten teaching team.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Shatia!
    I'm really happy you got your spot with JCPS. You deserve it, and the room looks great. Those kids are going to love being in that class. Its going to set the tone and get them motivated for scholastic journey for years to come. Get ready for tons of Owl themed Christmas gifts from the parents lol.
    -John

    ReplyDelete