Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 Reflections





As I reflect and prepare myself for 2014, I must say that 2013 was very good to me. 2013 certainly was a milestone year for me and it’s all because of TEACHING. I will never forget the day that I started working for JCPS, January 7, 2013. I am so proud of that date and all that it took to reach it. Looking back at my past post and all of the struggles and emotions that I shared on this blog, I feel a sense of gratefulness and fulfillment. I can’t explain how being able to share my struggles through this outlet and reflect on them, has helped me in so many ways. I would like to say thank you to all of my readers and supporters through this endeavor. It is a very unique sense of fulfillment that comes with knowing that other people appreciate and look forward to hearing your words and about the trials of your life. For that, I will always be thankful :)

As 2013 comes to a wonderful end, I just wanted to share with you, some of the things that will stick with me, as I go into 2014.

1) In 2013 I was blessed with 2 full time teaching positions! First as an Early Childhood teacher at Duvalle and finally as a Kindergarten teacher at Maupin elementary. I’ve enjoyed both classes and look forward to ending my first year as a Kindergarten teacher.
SO OFFICIAL!

2) I moved into my own apartment and I love it because everything is mine, even the bills! LOL!
HOME! LOVE!

3) I have grown up! I still have lessons to learn and trials to go through but this year, cemented in me that life is a learning process and who appreciates that more than a teacher?
 
GROWING UP BUT STILL ENJOYING LIFE
4) My Family! They are my biggest supporters and I love them so deeply. 
SISTERS

5) My friends and Sorors, I can’t explain the support system that I God has placed in my life but that I am extremely blessed to have each of them.
FRIENDS


SANDS AND SORORS


6) My Coworkers! First my first assistant, Mrs. Neil:) Now the people at Maupin, specifically my teammates, Adrienne and Jordan. 

7) My teammates! They deserve another shout out because it’s awesome to have work besties! LOL

 
TEAM MATES! THE BEST KINDER TEAM EVER!
What are your 2013 reflections? Feel free to share them in the comment section and I can’t wait to hear them!!

I have enjoyed this roller coaster of a year and I look forward to 2014! Are you ready?

Until the next time that life has checked me,
-T


No comments:

Post a Comment