Sunday, June 2, 2013

The End Is Near

My first class is almost history; I am sad and excited at the same time. I am sad to see my students leave and excited to finally have a full time teaching position for the new school year. Last Thursday, my class had their closing ceremony and it was a big hit. I am still smiling at how much fun my students and their parents had.

I was surprised by a parent with the most amazing card and words of encouragement. Its moments like that that let me know I am making a difference. I am holding back tears, as I think about how much my students have grown and how much I have grown. When God puts you in difficult situations, it is only to shape you into the person that he wants you to be.
 


 
We did our own rendition of this for the parents! Talk about a hilarious time!

I can’t thank this parent enough because she has been the best! She was my Parent of the Year and I will truly miss her. I’m getting a little emotional! Before I became a teacher, I was never this emotional. This job is mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting at times but I LOVE IT!!!

It’s Sunday and I missed Church to give my sister a ride to work. I have done my laundry, shucked some corn, washed my car, went shopping, applied to my dream job for the Summer, and watched Mulan! The amazingness of this day can only get better! I love Torrid and Mulan, OMG!!!!!

Until the next time that life has checked me,
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment