Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just Keep Swimming




Hey there! Looks like my break lasted longer than Wednesday but to be truthful I have been working since I said I was going on a break, typical me. The very next day after my last post, I got in email from the Sub center about attending Substitute teaching orientation. A W E S O M E!!!  So I was scrambling around trying to get everything together that they asked for.  I had to pay $25 again for finger printing; I actually had the money so it was hard to complain, not really. Finally, this Monday I had everything that I needed for the orientation on Tuesday. Fast forward, to the 4 hour orientation; I am really glad that the hosts were funny because 4 hours without pay is hard to sit through when it’s just a repeat of what you learned in your college courses. (I am working on not complaining, I really am.) So finally everything is going smoothly until…… I realize that JCPS has their own rules regarding when a TB test expires. Normally a TB test last for 2 years but they wanted one that was done within the year. Isn’t that something? Anyway, I was able to leave all of my information minus the TB test, which when I get it completed I can drop off the results. Now we are finally at the end of the orientation and in starts the slew of questions, some asking important information and some asking for information that had already been stated. By this point, I am annoyed because I went to work at 6:30 then raced to the orientation and had to return back to work from 2 to 6. Remember that phrase that there is no such thing as a stupid question? Not really agreeing with that at the moment. At this point I am hungry, I have to use the restroom and am just so utterly ready to leave that I could explode BUT being the T R O O P E R, that I am, I made it through to the end. I am not always this extra, I really am not.   

I leave orientation, grab me some lunch and go back to work. Now I can focus on figuring out how to get this TB test done. I know I can’t go to the place I went to last time because I work during the hours that they are open. If you don’t know, when you take a TB test you have to get it checked again within two days of getting the shot. Finally I find out that I can get one done at Kroger’s Little Clinic. Long story short, I had to pay $21 dollars to get this shot, so now I’m going broke to get paid, kinda, sorta. I still haven’t paid my car insurance but I figure I will on my next check because this job is essential to me getting a permanent position.  I have now formed the habit of talking myself through my current situations and that was an example.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming! I used to hate the movie Finding Nemo but now I understand the adult messages that are laced within the film. Just like Dory, I can only just keep swimming because better is on the way. This is helping me escape becoming discouraged and I promise that my moments of sadness are getting further apart. Go me! The struggle continues and I am hoping that it turns out to make me a better teacher in the end. I’m so hungry for this success and I shudder to think of all the things that I will go on to accomplish when I get started. #SelfMotivation #GreatnessIsComing

3 A Day Rant
Friday is almost here! My God, being an adult is tiring. I wish I had rollover minutes for all the naps I passed up until now. 
Tomorrow I plan to get some painting done. I am painting a door prize for an event at my church. 
At student teaching orientation I learned that I am not alone. I saw several former classmates that are currently in my same predicament and it put a lot of things into perspective for me. Number one being, that I am my own worst critic, it’s a bad habit and I don’t want it anymore. 
Until the next time life has checked me.
-T
P.S. Here is that plane, I was working on for my Sorority Sisters.
 

1 comment:

  1. Worry about the moment chica. I know you already know this but He will work it all out.

    ReplyDelete