Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happiness is Simple & Happy Halloween



Hola! I think that I am finally back on track with some things, as far as this road to teaching goes. I have started contacting private schools and inquiring about job openings. I figured if there are no openings, at least they have seen my name, so that when the summer comes and new positions open up, they will remember it. I have also managed to get a deferment on one of my loans for a year, which is beyond awesome to me. In college, I accepted a scholarship that would become a loan if I didn’t work as a teacher for 4 years in Kentucky after graduating. I have been contacting the agency to see if I can get a deferment with them as well and I am praying that it works out in my favor. I have also realized that I limited myself with only applying to one school district, so this time around I am applying to some of the surrounding counties. My main concerns with going out of Louisville are not having reliable transportation and not having any money saved up to help with a move. But as they say, where there is a will, there is a way! I also turned in the last piece of information needed for my Sub teacher application. They said that they would start calling people in 3 weeks to put them on payroll; this is the end of week one and I could just bust with all of this waiting! I am so ready to get back in a classroom and teach! I need that atmosphere and opportunity in my life:)

3 A Day Rant!

Happy Halloween! I dressed as a leopard for the kiddos today. This is called dedication! I love my afro puffs and Halloween is the only chance, I would get to rock them, LOL!


I got to come into work an hour later than usual today. I loved the extra sleep! I don’t seem to get enough sleep these days! Adult life has its privileges and cons! 


I made broccoli cheddar soup from scratch last night and it was delicious. There is nothing like some good, hearty, and warm soup to make you feel better on a cold and windy day. Ah, it’s the simple things in life that make you smile.

Bonus:
In my cheapness and eagerness to get back into school, I decided that I would like to attend Indiana University Southwest for grad school because they do not require you to take the GRE. I was looking over their programs yesterday and was not excited about anything that they had to offer. I know in my heart that I do not want to attend that school and I have decided to go back to U of L or to attend Bellarmine University or Spalding University here in Louisville. Right now I have promised myself that I will start saving for the GRE no matter what issues come up; I will just have to sacrifice. My ultimate goal is to become a school counselor and then to gain my doctorate degree in an area, that I have not decided on yet. If JCPS did not require you to teach for 3 years before being a counselor with them, that’s what I would be doing at this moment.
Until the next time life, has checked me.
-T

1 comment:

  1. I graduated from IUS- it was pretty school. The school spirit isn't there as it probably is with UofL (or maybe it was the fact that I just wasn't interested because I was just trying to graduate and get out), but my professors were fabulous.

    Have you thought about teaching in Jeffersonville or New Albany? It's not too far from Louisville, I actually live in Jeffersonville but I am from and work in Louisville .

    I really hope you get to teach soon!

    ReplyDelete