Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life is Funny and Unexpected



Hello. I know I missed Monday and Tuesday but I will make up for it. Friday I told you, I had something positive to look forward to and now I am ready to reveal it. I had an interview Monday and didn’t want to jinx anything by telling everyone. The interview was at Byck Elementary and I do believe it went very well and besides there was little to no awkwardness involved. I think the key to a good interview is taking your time to answer questions fully and asking a lot of questions yourself. They seem to like for you to ask a lot of questions. I just did a big sigh of relief because things seem to be getting and going better for me. I also just got a call for an interview tomorrow at Gilmore Lane Elementary School. I am ready to knock out another group of people:) It’s funny how I spent so long doubting my ability to get a job but now, I have this new found clarity about this whole process. Despite all of these interviews and unanswered questions, I know that something is coming because I want this so bad. I know that I am qualified to fill these positions but it’s about the schools finding the right person to fill the job at THEIR school. Monday’s interview taught me that. I was told that the jobs that were open were both going to be challenges and I realized that these schools are looking for the right fit for their staff and that I should not take offense if they feel someone else fits in better. Look at me, growing up and understanding the unexpected that life throws at us! Big star on the wall for me:)

I also wanted to say that today starts the giveaway that I am doing. The prize will be an item from Senteur Exotics who is owned by an awesome woman that I have been blessed to know. I will divulge the exact item once I decide what to give away. The second item will be a custom painted picture frame. To enter you must do one of the following and you may do them all for added entries into the contest. 


1) Follow www.theawkwardteacher.blogspot
You can do this through Google Connect.
2) Follow me on Twitter and I will follow back!
@PHIerySpirit
3) Leave a comment on one of the blog post. 

Sounds easy, right?!! Good luck to all that enter and you may tell a friend about the contest. Here is the Senteur Exotics website if you would like to browse their products and make a purchase. 
http://www.senteurexotics.com/products/bathandbody

Now onto my 3 a day Positive Rant.
1) Today is a beautiful Fall day. While I was enjoying the weather outside with my kiddies, I thought of this lovely quote.
"Today is the perfect day to just be! Enjoy the "you" that God has created. Bask in the glow of everything great about you. It’s a beautiful day."

2) My weekend was so much fun and I have another fun one to look forward to. Last weekend I enjoyed quality time with my Sorority sisters. Talk about some loud and outrageous memories:) I also enjoyed a comedy show featuring Sheryl Underwood. She is insanely hilarious and I am glad I shelled out the money to see her. She is also the most recent past Grand Basileus of my sorority, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated. (Shameless plug, get with the greatness that is us:D) This weekend I have a 4 day family reunion in Gatlinburg, which I am sure will be interesting to say the least. A mini vacation will be nice and I can’t wait.

3) Today I feel Super, Great, Awesome, Unstoppable, and many other things. I am just happy to be alive to enjoy beautiful days like this. The Fall is such a pretty time:) 

Don’t forget the enter the contest and good luck!
Until the next time life has checked me.
-T

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Love the post and I hope you get the new job! I would love to win any of these items! I'm now following ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the new job, I will be praying and I'd love to be entered. I am now a follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete