Saturday, July 20, 2013

Beyonce, School, and Life!




Maupin Elementary!! My new professional home!!
Two weeks until August! Two weeks until August! I say this and I get a stomach full of butterflies all over again.  The start of a new school year is almost here and I have no idea what to expect. I am about to immerse myself in Pinterest and the blogosphere finding great first week activities, assignments, and room set up ideas. As nervous as I am, I am also ready to start my first full year of teaching. I am also very happy to be a part of the Maupin Elementary team and the principal has been very welcoming. 



In recent news, I also attended the Beyoncé concert in Nashville and I am here to tell you, that her show was beyond amazing! The wardrobe, the dancing, the graphics, the show design, and that singingà Awesome personified!!! I am not trying to go into “Stan” mode but Beyoncé is very talented and I appreciate the dedication that she puts into her craft. You can really tell that she is at a happy place in life and that she loves what she does. I am currently deciding if I want to attend her concert here in Louisville as well. After I bought a ticket for the Nashville show, she announced more tour dates and Louisville made the list. Her show was that good!!

So I’ve discussed school and the concert, now let’s talk about me and how I just realized that I will be 26 this year. I know that 26 is not old but dang, I’m getting older, lol. This is no midlife crisis but good grief; the age of 30 is right around the corner. I don’t feel old but 26 sounds old, I know that doesn’t make much sense but just let me have this random rant. My birthday is in October and instead of the “whoa is me” outlook, I want to celebrate my birthday this year. So I am taking any ideas that you can offer because I am not really the party type:)


Please enjoy one of my favorite songs from her 4 album. 

Finally, I want to share that God has been good to me this summer. Here is why:

  •  I never found a summer job to help sustain my income and I have been able to make do. I was worried for nothing. This reminds me of the old saying, “Why pray, if you’re going to worry anyway.” 
  •  Pepito (My Car) is on his way to that great big junkyard in Heaven. I love this car, so I am still coming to terms with this. I feel as if, I am losing a child and a lot of people don’t understand my love for this car but we have had some great times together. Seven or eight years of shenanigans, I believe. So forgive me if I get a little sappy, thinking about it.
  •  I found a new apartment!!!! Yes, after much searching and praying, I found a new place to call home. It’s a one bedroom apartment, on the bottom floor, and with lots of storage. It’s onward and upward from here!!
  •  Now that Pepito has made a divas exit, I’ve got to find a new car. So the search begins!

Until the next time that life has checked me.
-T

P.S. Peep my color scheme, I am thinking about decorating my classroom in these colors plus the addition of the color brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment