Thursday, July 11, 2013

Professional Development: SmartBoard Edition


I love all of the PD opportunities that I've completed so far. I am so very excited that I will have a SmartBoard this year! The SmartBoard is one of the greatest inventions, no exaggerating here! It’s so easy to create games and assignments using this program and device. I am in heaven refreshing my memory on how to use it. I love how I can create things using subjects that my kids love and like. For example, when I was student teaching, I created a silhouette game using the silhouettes of Disney characters for a unit on Shadows. The kids loved it and so did my mentor teacher. Winning!!!! The possibilities to incorporate technology into your lessons are so broad when using the SmartBoard. I have 3 more PD's to attend this Summer and I can't wait to share my new discoveries with you. (Nerd action!!)


I also went to a PD on how to use a program called Photo Story and it’s a neat little program. Very easy to use, this is very awesome!!! Towards the end of the PD, they gave us an assignment to complete. We had to create a story in Photo Story using some random pictures that they gave us. I've posted my creation below. I found the picture of the little girl through Google Images. Enjoy!!





Until the next time that life has checked me.

-T

 

No comments:

Post a Comment