Friday, September 28, 2012

Who AM I?


I had the above conversation last night with a fellow teacher, who is going through the same thing as me. We both graduated in May but have yet to be blessed with our own classrooms. She is a stellar teacher and an amazing person. What she doesn’t know is that her words truly blessed me last night. I think in the midst of my disappointment, I have been getting lost in sorrow and not paying attention to, who I am. Above all, I am a child of God, and I have no business second guessing the awesome person he has created me to be. I think it is human nature to be disappointed with yourself when things go wrong but dwelling in that disappointment is not what God wants you to do. So thank you to Briana for reminding me of what matters and of how, God's time is not our time. It’s funny how God places people in your life to teach something, at just the right moments. 

In other news, I am sitting at work and I have about an hour left on the clock. The best thing about today, is that time seems to be sailing by. I have plans tonight and really would like to go home, prep my hair, and take a nap. Don’t judge me:) Also the kids have given me random hugs all day; they must know they worked me over yesterday.

3 a Day Positive Rant:
1) I have something to look forward to but I don’t want to give away any details until it happens. So just know this is positive news and when the time comes, I will come clean about it.

2) Today was Fun Friday, so we had a pretty chill day. The kids are still acting bonkers but Fun Friday helped me get through it. I am just going to chalk this behavior up to there being a full moon. I don’t know if the moon is full but I have confirmed that the full moon, makes some people act totally irrational, crazy, insanely hyper, and/or all three of the afore mentioned.

3) I found two inspirational quotes that made my day. The Sprite helped too but since I have been on a break from soda for about 3 months, I don’t think that counts. 

God is everywhere, so pray anywhere.

“The temptation to quit will be greatest right before you are about to succeed…” 
CHINESE PROVERB

Have a great weekend, everybody. Do something that you will enjoy and take some time to yourself.
Until the next time life have checked me.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment