Monday, November 5, 2012

Life is a Mixture of What You Make It




Good Afternoon to all of my readers! Today, I just feel good and I 
wanted to share my happiness with you. Days like this do not happen all of the time and I am going to cherish the fact that I am feeling truly splendiferous today. That’s a real word; I promise I did not make it up. I also wanted to share that I received quite a few Blessings over the weekend from my Sorority Sisters because of the dedication and willingness to work that I have shown thus far. I promise you I am holding in tears, as I have realized two very important things this past Saturday. Number one: If you complete and care deeply for everything that you attach your name to, you're hard work will be noticed. If you take on every task that you are given like you have something to prove and others will take notice. I believe Martin Luther King Jr. stated it best in the quote below.

 "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."


 Number 2: I am here to say that everyone that is in your life is there for a reason. Yes, Gawd!! I love everyone in my life, even if they have only crossed my path to teach me a lesson. I just pray that I am smart enough to catch those lessons as they come.  I believe that Tyler Perry spoke on it, saying that the people that are in your life are placed there for a reason, to be a blessing or a lesson. Take heed, my friend.

As an educator I love the process of learning and encourage everyone to learn something new every day. I rejoice in the fact that I can learn from everything that I am going through. This has become an essential part of my journey to my own classroom. I just hope that my struggle may encourage someone else through theirs. Lastly, I am still waiting on JCPS to give me the ok to sub; tomorrow will be the end of week two, so hopefully I will hear something soon. I am as they say, keeping the faith and fighting a good fight. 

3 A Day Rant
1) Last night, I had the pleasure of watching the Black Girls Rock Award Show. I was in return so inspired by the amazing women and young ladies that I saw last night. I hope that I am on my way to making an impact in this world through my love for education. As Ms. Janelle Monae stated, "There is still work to be done!" I also love this quote from her, "Perfection is the enemy of Greatness." Yes ma'am, she just better teach!!!

2) I am Blessed. I can’t say this enough. 

3) My friend introduced me to this amazing motivational speaker on YouTube, this weekend. No words for how this woman’s words have gotten my thinking gears rolling. Learn more HERE:)

Until the next time that life has checked me.
-T
 P.S. I thought I would share this story about my kiddies. Kid:"Ms.Tia my brain hurts!!!" Me: "Fabulous, that means its working!!" If looks could kill, I wouldn't be here right now! The kiddos will thank me for all this work and thinking that we do, when they get to kindergarten:D

No comments:

Post a Comment