Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Detour to Destiny


In my last post, I told you that I had some exciting news to share, are you ready? I have been Blessed with a new job as an Assistant Facilitator at The University of Louisville’s Early Learning Campus. I am excited to start this new journey and for the new opportunities that will be coming my way. This will be my first full time job, go me! #ThisIsCauseForCelebration #Victory

After a lot of consideration, I have decided not to pursue JCPS again until I gain my Masters.  After this sabbatical if I may call it that, I will have gained a deeper understanding in my calling to become an educator. Thankfully now that I work for U of L, I can receive 6 free college credits a semester, Thank you God Almighty! Coming to this decision has not been easy because I still would love my own classroom but I must understand that God has placed me on this path for a reason. I like to call this my detour to my destiny. Am I nervous, yes! How can I not be? But I am not worried because I have come to the complete understanding of what it means to have faith. God says that all we need is faith the size of a mustard seed to make it do, what it do baby! Well, he didn’t say it exactly like that but you get my point, right? 

Also in a recent turn of events, the sub center finally contacted me, to let me know that I was on the payroll. Just a little too late. I am very sad to see that I wasted $25 on a background check, #TheStruggle is real, you guys! Let me take a moment to rejoice over these new benefits, yas! A regular yes just wouldn’t do, I had to get fancy.   

Yes, Gawd!

Before I end with my 3 a Day Rant, I just want to say thank you for the support of my blog and for riding along with me on this professional quest. I am certain that I will have many tales to share in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned.

3 A Day Rant:

Today is my last day at my current job; I am sad and excited to leave, all at the same time. I have been explaining to my kids all week that I will be leaving. I don’t know if they do not comprehend, don’t want to face the facts, or just don’t care. As I laid them down for their nap, I stated that if I wasn’t here when they woke up, good bye.  To my astonishment one, said something that stopped me in my tracks.

Me: If I am not here when you wake up, goodbye. I promise, I will come back and visit.
Girl: Where are you going?
Me: I have to leave; I am going to teach at a Pre School.
Girl: But, you can’t leave, you’re my best friend, I need you.

OMG, I’m such a sucker, I don’t like crying but they came. In my excitement about my new job, it hasn’t hit me that I am leaving my babies! Some who have been here, since the day care first opened. I have watched them grow and learn so many things. I am very appreciative that I have had this privilege. It just warms my heart to know that I have had an impact on their lives. These last few months here, have been frustrating, I didn’t think that they were listening to me or appreciated me but they do. #Tear

2 and 3, I am glad to say that I have chosen the right profession. In all honesty, teaching is a calling, so it chose me. I am here to say that my hunger, to serve in this life as an educator and an advocate for learning will always remain.

Until the next time life has check me.
-T


1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm so happy for you!!!!! YES'MAM. Follow your detour to destiny, God has so much in store.

    ReplyDelete