Thursday, January 24, 2013

Adjusting


Hello. 

It has been one hell of a ride being a Pre K teacher so far. Sigh..... My class is great on all counts except for behavior. I can’t seem to get them on board with listening and behaving. Everyone keeps saying that it’s going to take time and that it will be hard because they didn’t start out with being disciplined in August. I refuse to believe that these kids just don’t have it in them because I know they do and I know I will find a way to bring it out of them, eventually. So, I am still looking and trying new ideas, just pray for me saints! 

Right now, I just feel so drained and tired. I am getting used to the new routine, so here is a toast to, ADJUSTING! I pretty much stay to myself at the school though. I have casual conversations but to be honest I haven’t had a reason to let my guard down at this new work place. I am perfectly fine with it at the moment but I have never felt like that in my work environment, so I can say that I am adjusting to that as well. 

Even now, I should be painting some orders and mailing off my give a way prize but my body is just so sore. I think once I get my exercise routine down, I won’t be as sore. SMH, I am living life one day at a time. It seems to be working in my current situation. I don’t want to seem to crabby and tired, so I will say that I am still in awe with the fact that I working in my dream profession. I love being in front of my class teaching and I just love it when they participate, which they always do:) I had a very successful circle time today! (Just wanted to get that information out,lol) 


Lastly, when I say that I am BROKE, I mean it. Which is one of the reasons that I haven’t mailed off the give a way prize. I was ashamed to admit that I just don’t have the money right now but I realized that this blog is all about me being able to reflect and share my struggles and successes with other people. I have had 3 jobs within the last 3 months, so my funds have not been steady:(. But again, I am ADJUSTING,lol. One thing I have learned in the profession is that you must be flexible! There is no way around it.

3 A Day Positive Rant
  • This is the end of my 3rd week with JCPS.
  • I am one week closer to actually getting a paycheck! Once I see my paycheck, I for sure will have a new burst of energy. LOL
  • Tomorrow is Friday. Enough Said. 
Until the Next time life has checked me.
-T

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the prize!!!!! You get to it when you get to it, and if that never comes, who cares???? YOU. Just let it go, you've got too much going on right now.

    As always, little kids do the opposite of what you want, it's the beginning so they are learning you. Once they get to know your style and that you are not playing, you'll have them whipped into shape.

    Good luck chica and chin up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny,Im just hard on myself, I suppose. This whole experience has been so crazy

      Delete