Wednesday, January 16, 2013

#ImATeacher


Peeks in.... Hello. Sorry for my absence but my new career has me tired most nights. I asked for this so I am not complaining. I love every bit of this new experience. I wont say it has been easy because it has been far from it. I teach pre school at an urban inner city school and I have 19 rambuctious  students. Getting behavior under control has been my biggest struggle, nothing that I have tried has worked, not even a treasure box. Jeez, you would think free toys would excite some kids:) 

Yesterday, one of my line sisters asked me do I feel like I have a sense of fulfillment now that I have started teaching professionally. Yes, I do feel fulfillment right now because when I am in front of my class teaching, I know that there is nothing else that I would rather be doing. I have found my calling in life and everyday for the past two weeks has reminded me of how blessed I am. I know as I get older I will form different career desires but right now, I am loving the path that God has chosen for me.

Today was a difficult day but I am just going to go to bed and start fresh tomorrow. Thank God for my wonderful and awesome assistant! We make a great team and I am so lucky to have her, in this first year of teaching.

3 A Day Positive Rant
  • My bulletin board is so cute, lol.
  • I went shopping and bought some new staples for my teacher wardrobe. 
  • I bought some new eyeglasses that are super cute and I can see better.
  • (Dont judge my extremely superficial positives today,lol.) 
To my give away winner, I suck so much for the delay in sending your prize. Something extra is in your package. Two major job changes in one month, have worn me out.

-Until the next time that life has checked me. 

2 comments: