Monday, December 10, 2012

Bravo


Today I have been very productive and yes, I would love to share the details with you. As you know I now work at The Early Learning Campus which is located on the University of Louisville Campus. It is essentially a Preschool/ Child Care facility for U of L. U of L is located in Old Louisville which is a historic neighborhood here in Louisville and there is very limited parking! When I come to work I may have to ride around looking for a space at least two times. Today I pulled up and found a great space immediately, so I knew today would be an awesome day! Yes, the simple things excite me; it’s either a sign of no life or a sign that I can see the Blessings in even the smallest things. My work day was awesome, the kids are used to me now and they just love all over me:) This was also the star of Secret Santa, which is a weeklong event at The ELC. So yes, I came home with the love of the children and cute little gift, ha! 

After work, I had to go grocery shopping which is such a pain to me. I wish I had a personal shopper but I digress. I forgot to write out a list, so I walked around the whole store to calculate deals and put together simple meals for the next week. Then I had to go to Big Lots to get some seasonings and snacks for my class because they are much cheaper there. By the time I packed all of my bags into my apartment, I am very tired, BUT I was so determined to fix myself some dinner. All last week, I made excuses about fixing dinner because I was tired and didn’t feel like it. Tonight I made lasagna and it was SOOOOOO good, lol.  

Finally, I sat down to my computer to conduct some business. Namely filling out the deferment papers for the $20,000 scholarship/loan that I now owe. Basically, I am praying that my loan people see how broke I am and give me a year, to work some things out. I have left it in God’s hands and am praying for the best. I guess you could say that my day was pretty boring but I feel like I got a lot of things accomplished, including paying some bills. 

3 A Day Positive Rant

With today’s success, I feel as if I am building my motivation back up. I have a better job which has lifted a lot of stress off of me. I have always been a very ambitious person but I have let my current failures get me off track. I now see that I am moving forward and building myself back up, starting with creating the goals that I shared in my last post.

I am so feeling myself today and it’s all because I have gained a new sense of hope. I feel as if this current struggle is helping me come into my own. For this, I am sharing one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artist. Bravo by Ledisi is posted above, enjoy!

I will finally be opening a savings account Saturday morning! This is big, I mean Big Apple big for me because I have the hardest time saving money. Now that I have a big girl job, I need to pay myself first! From now on when I balance my books and pay my bills, the first bill will be Shatia Smith. Oh Yea!!!

Until the next time life has checked me.
-T
P.S. Sunny, I will be starting on your prize this weekend and thank you for being understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment