Friday, September 21, 2012

Writing to Clear My Head


So I was sitting here at work thinking  and just needed to get some stuff out. I love my current job but its not my dream job. I work at a daycare, with great people and lovable kids. I teach but the kids know this is a "daycare" so they arent feeling me testing my teaching on them. I was thinking about my last interview and I really thought I nailed it! I forgot to leave my resume behind and that is the only negative thing I can say about the interview. I sent my resume and cover letter to the principal, so maybe that helped. Hopefully it didnt hurt my chances of getting the job. I actually really like the school and think that I would be a good fit to their team. Its for a first grade position, two steps above the age I teach now. Should be a piece of cake because these daycare kids are no joke. They are some pretty smart cookies:)

So here I go thinking again and I start thinking of more stuff I could have said at my last interview. Dont you hate that? Like when your in an argument and you dont say anything witty but when its over, you think off all these splendiforous retorts you could have said? I totally just pulled that word out of nowhere but you can add it to your dictionary.

Oh well its over now. Im still confident about how it went though. They asked me why I should be chosen over the other applicants and I said because I am an artist, I am creative, loyal, hardworking, and I love what I do. I really wanted to say because I am the best choice and Im awesome but I thought better of it. I didnt want to seem conceited but I totally am when it comes to my work. Im good at what I do and I have a true love for it. I like this blogging thing, its building up my confidence in the face of rejection. Let me pat myself on the back! You can give yourself a pat too, if you like.
Until the next time life has checked me.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment